Are you having second thoughts about your super-wide flat bars? Maybe we can help. Calvin and Truman look at a few ways to determine ideal bar width, and go through the cutting process on aluminum and carbon handlebars.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
Get a more in-depth look at flat bar brake lever mounting & positioning ▶︎
➤ Tools & materials used:
• RR-12 Tape Measure – https://www.parktool.com/product/tape-measure-rr-12
• HBH-2 Handlebar Holder – https://www.parktool.com/product/handlebar-holder-hbh-2
• AWS-1 3-Way Hex Wrench – https://www.parktool.com/product/3-way-hex-wrench-aws-1
• SAW-1 Hacksaw – https://www.parktool.com/product/hacksaw-saw-1
• SG-7.2 Oversized Adjustable Saw Guide – https://www.parktool.com/product/oversized-adjustable-saw-guide-sg-7-2
• DC-1 Digital Caliper – https://www.parktool.com/product/digital-caliper-dc-1
• CSB-1 Carbon Cutting Saw Blade – https://www.parktool.com/product/carbon-saw-blade-csb-1
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/parktool
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair: http://www.parktool.com/product/big-blue-book-of-bicycle-repair-3rd-edition-bbb-3
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/parktoolcompany?sub_confirmation=1
➤ Like: https://www.facebook.com/parktool
➤ Follow: https://www.instagram.com/parktoolblue